Saturday, August 11, 2007

(this was supposed to my first blog. somehow I could not post it at that time and hence posting now)
Hello world…

Recently I read 2 or 3 books on various programming languages. And every one had the first program named as “hello world”, and its little surprise that I choose the same caption here…A big Hello once again to my readers(if there is any!).

Well there are many reasons y I decided to start blogging…infact this one is after some 3 or 4 futile attempts. Earlier I made one entry in live journal. But I found live journal a bit ugly, and hence decided to switch over to bloodspot…

OK then…let me dive into the topic…after pondering over the topic about what to write I‘ve finally decided to write about the most wonderful days of my life…the days which presented me with a mix of emotions …of disappointment, of regret, of jealous, of heavy tension and confusion, and eventually to big happiness and then again to that of fears and apprehensions ….well confused whether I am mad, certainly not…I was just describing about “Getting into NITC”.

The journey begins when Kerala engineering entrance exam results came out.
As I expected I had a 5 digit rank..10297 to be precise…Things where quite certain before me…to join for an entrance coaching…and I ended up there at Chaithanya classes thissur…the fist two months were that of hectic preparation ( more about my life as a repeater in a subsequent entry ) and then slowy the tide started to recede ..and the days of ozhappal started….Infact closer the exam .lazier I became…and if u believe me , I hadn’t touched any book from March 1 to 15th…The worry about the lost days crept in …the nights were sleepless but still I couldn’t study for 2 hours at least…


I was totally hopeless and the rank I could probably wish for at that time was something nearer to 1000 in the kerala entrance examination, not to mention about the aieee. Seriously, I am not kidding. Everyday I would get up around 6 in the morning and would sit for studying at around 7,(after a detail study of Malayala Manorama) ,and it would last for about 15 to 20minutes….the day would go on…and I would sit watching cricket, leaving not a single ball, no matter whether it is a test or an ODI, or on other occasions I would fill my belly to such an extend in the morning itself that I would sleep the entire day with getting up occasionally , only switch the alarm off or to extend its time by 1 or 2 hrs, unable to study anything. The regret of the lost time would have kept creeping in…and I would end up the day totally disappointed , unable to study for at least 2 hrs…it is hard to get sleep in such a situation…and on bed my mind will keep on preparing the time table for the next day, targeting something nearer to 15 hrs per day.
And each day I kept on reducing the topics that I should go through before the exam ..
I kept reducing he time allocated for each topic…a detailed plan of such (not ever done) things would enter my diary every night. Every pages of my diary got filled up, but I couldn’t remember a single occasion where I could give myself a mark of10 out of 100.

The time of my studies kept on reducing from 2 hrs a day to 1 hr,to .5 hr and then finally I stopped studying. I realized with a lot of pain that the entire studies that I had done in March and April, could have done with a sincere effort of about 16 hrs.

One could easily imagine the state of situation, the entire one year was about to get wasted as it is the final lap is what it really matters. For a person who had run well in the initial laps it wouldn’t matter much but for me it was not the case. I was totally at lost and there was no one to help me except one. A lot about that person and the subsequent miraculous events that changed my fate…..Forthcoming attraction ,do stay tuned.

Signing off Madhavamahadeva..

No comments: