Wednesday, December 12, 2007

no title

Now, hardly 4 more days left in my vacation. As expected none of the things mentioned in the earlier list has been accomplished. I completely forgot abt the list and the things mentioned there. Well, I am an expert in making a plan and not following it. Hardly can I remember a time where I have gone the other way.

Perhaps the only thing productive that has taken place is that I have completed the basic course of “ART OF LIVING”. I am not in a position to evaluate the course, but certainly I wish to express my experiences. Well, I learned some yoga steps, the so called ‘pranayama’ and the coveted “sudarshanacriya”. ‘Sudarshanakriya ‘ is perhaps one of the most different experience of my life, something comparable to the shayanapradhakshinam of guruvayoor. The experience of a person taking part in sudharshanakriya vaaries a lot. It depends upon your involvement, the way u breathe, your lungs power, and your mental state. Basically it is a breathing exercise in a particular order as dictated by Guruji (Shri Shri Ravisankar) himself. His voice is played from a recorded cassette. In the basic course the kriya will be done twice, in consecutive days. Well, in the first day I did not feel much. Perhaps I was a bit lazy during the time. But the second day I was determined not to be lethargic. And the result was quite amazing. I could feel the currents passing through my body. It was as if I was shocked. I felt as if my heart has stopped beating. My entire body appeared to be vibrating. The experience would last for abt half a minute. For that period I could not involve in the Kriya. After that I would again start to breathe as mentioned, only to have the same experience once again. And it repeated for abt 5 times. Certainly it is a process, where you give your heart a very good exercise.

I learned many things from the course. Now it all depends how I can apply it in my life.
I won’t say that the entire course is interesting. But there are times where you can relate yourself to what is being mentioned. And those occasions gives you a different insight.
I am a person who have made an enquiry abt the metaphysical terms like GOD, ATMAN
etc. I was also astonished by the power certain GODMEN like, _________, __________ etc exercise in captivating the hearts of millions. Well, the only place where I could get a clear cut understanding of this complex subject is the writings of Swami Vivekananda. I recommend this book (the book on Rajayoga) to one and all, irrespective of your religion. It helps you in understanding your religion more. Also it helps you in not falling to the hands of false religious ________. I don’t know what to call them, hence putting a blank.

Enough on the subject, I suppose. My next post will be on the value education project we did.

Signing off
RK

No comments: