Wednesday, December 12, 2007

the mukkom experience

This time, It was the turn of myself and Manoj, for the same purpose. We reached there by abt 1 pm which meant that we had enough time to exercise our oratory skills. The journey to the school itself was astonishing. It was on top of a hill and to reach there one need to climb a 1 by 60 slope. So steep, that we wondered how the students were climbing this one, daily. Certainly a very good exercise and we mentally saluted the teachers and students of the school.

We reached there during their noon interval. Had no difficulty in meeting the HM. He was sitting in their IT lab, (It is shame to call it as a lab,) an ordinary room with four computers. The HM was very happy on hearing our request. All her teachers had gone for training and she was worrying in finding some one to engage the students. She consented with her full heart. It was abt 1.10 pm which meant we had to wait for abt another 45 minutes.

It was nice school, in the sense that you could enjoy nature it its very beauty. Only that, nothing else. The classes were not completely closed which meant you can attend the
10th std class and simultaneously listen to 9th std lectures. A lot of staring eyes made us feel that we had reached some other planet. Unlike at the Kunnamangalam School, no one introduced us to the students. We were heading straight away to the students. We both of us went to two separate classes. The very fuzz indicated that things were not going to be smooth for me here.

I soon realized the mood of the students. Abt half the class was keen on listening, and others were not. I tried my level best to be as friendly as I could. Of course I had the entire class listening, but their comments now and then, indicated that they were not serious. It was a bit demoralizing. But I tried my level best to be serious and focused.
Well, I went on the same way as I did in Kunnamangalam, only that the cold response might have affected my lecture. But I am sure at least a handful of them might have benefited from the talk.

Bored of typing, so winding up…
RK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

helloo ranjith,
from wt u described here i think the school is MHS MKM.I would like to remind u that this school has a glorios past .in my days at mhs i thought it as a privillage to listen to teaching in other classes.this school has produced somany professionals in different fields who work in different parts of the world,which i afraid can't be said abt ur school