Sunday, October 21, 2007

my career thoughts...

Wrote lot about careers and is going to take classes on career opportunities. The interesting part is that its time for me to decide abt my own career. Well the options are a lot.
Get a placement and do an MBA after two or three years.
Go for M-tech and end up teaching, doing research etc.

And it is time to start the preparations. Well if the option is the first one, then I will have to invest in programming and in improving my English. Also a bit of corrections in the personality is required. And certainly I love programming but management I don’t know whether I will fit into. I love switching over to finance or perhaps finance plus programming. May be an MBA in finance will suffice.

And for the other option, I can bear with two more years of routine book learning. The brand NIT will surely fetch me a pedagogical job somewhere and I love teaching, but certainly the research part I don’t like.

Well these are the conventional options. But what I truly dream is to have a start up of my own, to become my own boss. Certainly the challenges are a lot. I will have to invest thoroughly in personality grooming, to change myself from an introspective guy to a high energy extrovert. Somewhere in my life, I hope to fulfill this dream. Praying for Guruvayoorappan’s blessings …It’s signing off,
RK

No comments: