Monday, February 23, 2009

Rahman..Tuhje salam........

I salute the one and only A R Rahman..

It filled my mind with immense pride when I heard that he won the academy awards..

Finally the world was lucky to have a glimpse of his brilliance...It is a fact that his compositions in Slumdog are not certainly the best in his career..But it was more than enough to amaze the world...

A R Rahman has always been a wonder to me..In this world of plagiarism, the ingenuity that he keep in his compositions is simply amazing.. His shows to the world that 'Excellence is a journey , not a destination" through his career , right from the "Chinna chinna Asai..."of Roja to the latest "Jay ho..." of Slumdog millionaire.I remeber the year 1997, when I was in 7th standard or so, It was the whole India celebrating her 50th year of independence with the background music from his album "Vande Mataram..."..My eyes were wet when I heard the words "Ma ..Tuhje Salam..."for the first time.

Blessed are those parents, who could give birth to this extraordinary life..My salutations to them too..

Also, a big congrats to Rasool Pookutty...who made all malayalies proud..

Signing Off
RK

No comments: