Saturday, January 24, 2009

Chill down plz.........

Its 3 am in the morning now. I am not feeling sleepy and hence thought of writing something. I don't have any topic at hand..so its will be quite blah blah blah.
I just have an advice for myself, don't over work.

The last one semester was really hectic. Bulls and bears absorbed nearly 100% of my free time. I remember that I was in hostel even during the onam holidays ,coding the software for it. The fact that event had to be called off in the previous edition was in fact increasing the pressure. I remember the sleepless nights I had,thinking about how to make it better. It was a constant struggle for perfection and a lot of effort had been put in its design.

Added to it was the hectic compiler lab. When looking back , the lab was not that difficult. But a lot of misconceptions lead to mere waste of time.
Programming is really an art. But one has to really master it so as to enjoy it.Perhaps this was the first lab which introduced me to real programming.
And along with that, my inexperience in C really coasted me a lot of time in the Networks lab. I remeber wasting hours so as to debug silly mistakes.


Then came the Tathva. The registration software was again under my responsibility. The people who were assigned the task of developing it really messed the things . It required two consecutive night outs before Tathva to get the things working.
Altogether I was left with no time. And as a result I failed quite miserably in the sessionals.So it was a hard end sem . I remember that I studied for more than six hours on the days before the exam.That was highly unprecedented in my life.

I should confess that I had my results. An SGPA of 8.2 was highly unexpected, courtesy Relative Grading.But I strongly feel that I heavily over worked in the last one sem . Even the vacation was worser with the work of mail server. I remember it was a 20 hours work on those days. It clearly have drained me out.

All these had presented me with sleepless nights and my biological clock has got changed irreversibly.Now I am finding it extremely hard to fall into sleep during night.Along with a lot of personal satisfaction this is the cost that I had to pay for doing two works which were really beyond me.

Signing Off
RK

No comments: