Friday, January 18, 2008

Inspiring Inspiron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a lot to write and I wonder where to start from….

As I had posted earlier, I’ve decided to buy a dell Inspiron notebook which costs something around 44k. I think dell’s policy of direct to customer will save a good amount. First u need not pay the commission that the dealers will charge you ,also there is no VAT which will save you some 2K.Altogether I suppose that it is a good deal, only that I will have to wait for some 3 more weeks. No problem. Quality comes with a price. It is somewhat a high end configuration. Dual (2) core of 2.GHz, 2 GB RAM, 2MB cache, 2Mega Pixel web cam (ya its all twos. Perfect coincidence.160GB hard disk) .Only that I will have to bear (both the cost and low performance) of Windows Vista. I tried to get a Linux version, not that I would use a pirated version, I simply don’t need. If it was an XP, I would not have minded. But Vista is horrible, I suppose. May be with 2 GB ram I can manage (and perhaps enjoy the aero experience.)


Well the need of laptop at NITC is something that I wish to write in detail. Why I decided to buy one upon a “blade loan”. Well I don’t venture to write on it. It is perhaps a complex issue. Only that, I will have to be more disciplined to make the best use of it. NITC is a place where I have noticed myself being described as “Bagyavan” upon telling that I don’t have a laptop. That’s the way things go here…..

No comments: