Friday, October 5, 2012

'thotz..' :)

Just read this somewhere -- "Failure is when you give up, everything else is only a difficult situation".. 

Neither have I entered a difficult situation , nor have I started ( let alone think about failure ).Just noting down a powerful statement which I came across.

When I announced my decision to resign , and go wandering in the uncharted territories , one of my colleagues advised me not to hesitate to get back if things did not go well...And my reply was 'May die out of hunger , but there won't be a turning back.' . To be frank, it was rather a casual statement and was not a much thought one..But the power of those words still captivates me and comes to my mind every time I think about a risky idea..



The words are at times so powerful to drive your thoughts  , of course only if you care to be honest to it..The other occasion when I had a similar experience was during a casual talk with one my friends - I casually remarked -If it all there would be a second company in my career , it would be mine. And perhaps that sentence, which might have come straight from the heart , which might not have had much rational processing , helped me incredibly  to decide to put in my paper.


This has been a strategy which I have been using quite well...to blabber about things which you doubt you would do , normally things that you know that you have the least chance of making up your mind to try it out...and people come back reminding you about those , and it gives an incredible push to your motivation levels..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good strategy! :)

All the best is all I have now, to give!

Vivek.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your design. Kudos