Monday, April 6, 2009

Seeking your blessings...

Finally, the feared has happened..This vishu is going to be the first without my muthassan, without his routine 'kaineetam' and without the vishu sadya that we (I and my brother Syamu) normally takes sitting besides him...

It was on second April 2009. I had a miss call from my father by about 10 am.
An unusual call..perhaps that indicated everything.
I called him back..He conveyed the usual statement used in such occasions.."Condition is critical.It is better you turn up fast.."
I knew that everything was over and I hurried home..

Later I realised that only Syamu and Ammomma were beside him in the last moments.It might have been extremely terrifying for a fourteen year old, yet he handled the situation quite maturely.They sent for a doctor and by about 11am it was all confirmed.

The body was taken to Pambady Ivar Madam after I reached home.There you get to see the professionalism by which even deaths are handled in this 21st century. The 'chitha' was awaiting the body and in no time, it was ignited.

With rich tributes
RK

No comments: